Insurance & Financial
Utah Hematology Oncology PC participates with most insurance plans:
· Blue Cross Blue Shield/ Regence
· First Health
· Med Advantage Medicare replacement plans, except AARP and Humana
· Medicaid, including commercial Medicaid providers. (Medicaid PCN does not provide coverage for care provided by specialists.)
· Molina (all plans)
· Select Health (except SelectValue)
· University of Utah Health Plans (all plans)
· Other plans (please call to verify participation)
· Please note that we do not participate with AARP Medicare Complete HMO, Humana Medicare Advantage or commercial plans, or SelectValue. All Med Advantage supplemental plans are accepted.
Therapies used in the treatment of cancer and blood disorders can be extremely costly. Your physician purchases the drugs used in your treatment in advance, then bills your insurance. While insurance companies generally pay much of your treatment costs, they do not always pay all of them. They pay only for covered services less any copays, coinsurance and deductibles you are contractually obligated to pay and which we are contractually obligated to collect. Sometimes this can leave patients or their estates with large balances owed to Utah Hematology Oncology PC.
In order to help you meet your financial obligations to Utah Hematology Oncology, a member of our billing staff will meet with you to review the potential for co-pay assistance, grants, etc. Due to changes in the insurance industry deriving from the "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" or "Obamacare", deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums have risen dramatically. You may need to establish a pay plan agreement as early in the treatment process as possible. This payment plan agreement is a binding contract for payment for goods and services provided to you. Pay plans require that you make monthly payments based on your estimated treatment costs and what we anticipate that your insurance company will require that you pay. These payments may be in addition to your office copays. New contracts are generally required at the beginning of each new plan year to account for new out-of-pocket maximums and/or deductibles and any remaining balances owed.
If you have questions about the cost of your treatment and payment plans, please call 801-689-3903. You may also download a copy of our Patient Financial Policy by clicking here.